The West doesn't seem to have the determination to prevent Iran from obtaining the BOMB, and plainly speaking, it appears that war is coming. Israel, left with no alternatives, may feel compelled to launch a preemptive strike against Iran. This entire region could well go up in flames, as Iran continues to develop a nuclear weapon.
Joel C. Rosenberg provided the following points in an article for Bible Prophecy Today:
1. Iran has just been caught secretly building a 2nd uranium enrichment facility on a military base in the religious capital of Iran, a city known as Qom;
2. A growing number of Western military analysts say the design of this new facility — and its secrecy, and location — clearly indicates it was being built by Iran for the purpose of creating nuclear weapons;
3. Iran has thus been caught in its third lie since 2002 with regards to building secret nuclear development facilities in Natanz, Arak, and now Qom;
4. Ahmadinejad refused four times during his NBC News interview last week to rule out the building of nuclear weapons;
5. A.Q. Khan — the father of Pakistan’s nuclear weapons development program – has just admitted selling advanced nuclear weapons blueprints years ago to Iran for millions of dollars;
6. The latest IAEA report indicates Iran has enough low-enriched uranium (LEU) to produce enough high-enriched uranium (HEU) by 2010 to produce two nuclear weapons;
7. Iran has just spent the weekend testing “its most advanced missiles” capable of reaching Israel;
8. Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad began his speech to the U.N. by praying for Allah to hasten the coming of the Islamic Messiah, which according to his theology requires the destruction of Judeo-Christian civilization as we know it;
9. Ahmadinejad spoke more openly about his End of the World theology during his U.N. speech than ever before;
10. Ahmadinejad was asked for the first time by an American reporter to describe his relationship with the “Twelfth Imam” and admitted on camera that he is communicating with this mystical Shia messiah.
Israel has made it clear that they will not allow Iran to develop a nuclear weapon. Russia has stated Israel is ready now, and will attack.
Now is the time to act to halt the Iranian nuclear program, Prime MInister Benjamin Netanyahu told U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other Senators over the weekend.
This message from Prime Minister Netanyahu, came a day after evidence was presented at the G-20 economic summit in Pittsburg, of a clandestine Iranian nuclear facility.
Israel believes Iran is a strategic threat due to its missle development, its nuclear programs, and Iran's continued references by Ahmadinejad to the destruction of Israel.