Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The View From Here On National Security

I am sure that you and I might be able to argue over wars in foreign lands, but domestic tranquility as Americans is our birthright. The preamble of our Constitution lays it out for us. I believe most Americans still find it hard to comprehend a war within our own borders, even after September 11, 2001. The American people have truly been blessed in regards to war in our own country, and we should never take that blessing for granted. It, however, is still an imminent threat and a threat we as a country must be proactive in identifying and combating. I return again to my previous post, stating first and foremost we must, without exception, secure our borders.

I believe we not only have come to the place where we tolerate illegal aliens in our country, but that we also encourage them. The State of Tennessee, in 2001, passed a law allowing illegal aliens to obtain a driver's license without a valid Social Security Number. The driver's license stations all across the state were swamped with illegal aliens from across the country. The state, under pressure from the Department of Homeland Security, set up "driving certificates" for illegal aliens. Later, in 2007, the state legislature of Tennessee voted to abandon the issuing of driving certificates altogether for illegals. Only one example of what began as an "encouragement" for illegal aliens.

John Lee Malvo, was the young accomplice in the D.C. Sniper murders. Mr. Malvo was a Jamaican who had stowed away on a cargo ship. Stowaways, in accordance with U.S. law, are to be immediately deported and without a hearing. Do not pass go, do not collect $200, go immediately back to your country. Mr. Malvo was arrested on Dec. 19, 2001, only 3 months after the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Centers, and the Pentagon. Again, under U.S. law, Mr. Malvo should have been immediately deported. He was released, however, under his own recognizance. It was then, that he joined with Mr. John Allen Muhammed who was the D.C. sniper. One of the greatest benefits, of the screening process, for anyone seeking a visa into our country is to prevent the entry of known criminals.

We must secure our borders, and begin to do so immediately. If we are to maintain our National Security, this must be a task at the top of our priority list. My friends, if you and I are not safe within our own borders, then we simply are not free. I agree with others that the sensible thing to do is to place our military at our borders, and allow them to enforce our border laws. I know, I can already hear all of you who are saying that would be the military performing a domestic law enforcement activity, which is to be prevented. Somehow, I don't see the repelling of foreign invaders, as engagement in what is considered a domestic law enforcement activity. I believe our purpose would be the protection of our country from the "outside" forces, who illegally try to enter our country. The truth, our military was formed and designed to defend and protect the American people. I am a veteran and I remember the oath I was sworn to in regards to defending my country. I was sworn to defend my country against all enemies foreign and domestic. Illegal immigration is one of the greatest threats to the United States, and we need to stop making excuses and immediately begin protecting ourselves. If we are to maintain National Security, it will begin with securing our borders and controlling illegal immigrants.

Comments :

0 comments to “The View From Here On National Security”