Thursday, December 25, 2008

Ships of My Navy Career










I often go back in time, remembering my days of traveling around the world with the US Navy, on the ships I was given the opportunity to serve aboard. I served aboard 5 ships and left the Navy with 12 years at sea, out of my 15 years of service. I spent a lot of time on ships as you can see. I find myself missing the travel, the countries I visited, the cultures I experienced and the lifestyle of living in the military. I have many times said, the greatest man I have ever met was while I was serving in the US Navy, and that is still true today. He was a great influence on my life, and helped form the man I am today.

I am posting some pictures of the ships I served aboard and traveled the oceans on. I served on two destroyers, and three aircraft carriers. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

The ships in order (from the top down):

1. The USS Enterprise
CVN-65
2. The USS Abraham Lincoln
CVN-72
3. The USS
Forrestal CVA-59
4. The USS Charles F. Adams
DDG-2
5. The USS
Dyess DD-880


Comments :

1
Twinki said...
on 

these are soooo cool! i really enjoyed this and would love to hear some stories of your navy journey!