Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Balsam Mountain Inn


A while back, Judi and I were able to spend some time at a wonderful place in the mountains of Western North Carolina-The Balsam Mountain Inn. The inn is a remodeled railroad depot from the early 1900's, located just outside of Waynesville, N.C. I first heard of it from my son-in-law who lives in Waynesville, when he recommended that Judi and I stay there.

The inn is a place of simplicity, as you find yourself transported back in time, to another era and way of life. The rooms have their own unique decor and are still without phones and tv. The Balsam Mountain Inn is modeled after the Saratoga Inn in New York, with 3 floors and a 100 foot 2 tier porch. Judi and I loved sitting in the library (The Red Room), browsing through a few books and drinking hot chocolate. I can't tell you how relaxing it was to be there and experience the inn.

Take time and visit The Balsam Mountain Inn website I am including. You may find yourself sitting on the front porch, in a place of wonder...the mountains of North Carolina.

http://www.balsaminn.com/

Comments :

0 comments to “The Balsam Mountain Inn”