Monday, January 5, 2009

Shooting Creek, North Carolina




I have always said, that growing up in mountains of Western North Carolina and later leaving, I never fully appreciated the wonder and beauty until I was no longer a part of it. Now, every time I return home to visit my family, the mountains become more and more special with each trip. The bottom picture above, is the community of Shooting Creek, where I grew up. My family still lives there, as they have for many years, as does the younger generation now growing up there.

If you should ever have the opportunity, and you're passing near by, take time to travel down Hwy 64 through Shooting Creek, N.C. I'm sure you will enjoy the trip, and have a "memory" of a place filled, still, with the wonder of God's creative hand. Who knows, we just might run into each other.

Comments :

0 comments to “Shooting Creek, North Carolina”