Thursday, April 30, 2009

Open Letter to Mr. Perez Hilton

Good Evening Mr. Hilton.

I would like to apologize that I haven't responded sooner to your "encounter" with Miss California. I have been here in Tennessee with my beautiful wife, a woman who also is opposed to gay marriages. Just to set the record straight here in the beginning Perez, in Tennessee this is called "normal". You know...marriage between a man and a woman.

I'm sorry, and disgusted, to hear that you referred to Miss California with the "p-word", the "b-word" and one that I hear you are found of...the "c-word". All this because the young lady doesn't hold your view as her own. Do you get this upset when anyone disagrees with you Perez?
I am sorry to hear that you still find yourself to be the more tolerant in this dispute, come on now, I have listened to both of you speak. America has listened to both of you speak and I find it difficult to believe that you can be oblivious to the fact that Miss California's view is the majority view of America. Yours, however, is not. I know some other countries might possess your views, have you considered moving to one of these.

It is regretful that you were unable to keep your political opinions out of the Miss America Pagent. I am sorry that it seems gay men are unable to keep the subject of "gay marriage" out of any conversation or event. It bothers me that we as a people are simply afraid to talk about "gay marriages", because we don't want to upset people. Your smug arrogance and attacks I know will lead to only a minor "impact" against gay marriages in America, but I sure wish it would be major.

Miss California provided you with the answer from her heart, and stood on her faith. I loved the comment she made in regards to an "earthly crown" and a "heavenly crown". I, as many others, applaud her and support her for remaining true to her beliefs, even when it cost her the title of Miss America. You see, Perez, she knew before she answered what the outcome would be. Yet, even knowing she would lose the title, this young woman refused to give in and spoke the truth. Is it that hard for you to know that there are those who will refuse to roll over? As Miss California has recently said, we will be praying for you.

The View From Here





Comments :

0 comments to “Open Letter to Mr. Perez Hilton”