Monday, April 20, 2009

Relentless In Faith

Through the years, I have faced many trials, battles and challenges...and I have learned that a walk with God, has to be a "walk of faith". Yes, I know, this often quoted phrase has been so overused and heard so much that it seems to have lost its effect and impact. Life, however, will continue to teach us...as obstacles and challenges present themselves to us, that we will be required to "walk in faith".

My latest "challenge" has been the loss of my job and the journey in finding a new one. I know that God never promised a life free of difficulties and problems, challenges and obstacles. It is when we face them that we must remind ourselves of what a mighty God we serve. It is easy to give in to the "blaming", "the excuses", and being a "victim", but as Dr. Oral Roberts once said, "that in all things just remember that God is making you". I have to keep reminding myself, there is a purpose and all I have to do is hold to God's hand as He leads me.

Shortly after losing my job, I began a fast and prayed seeking God's will for my life and in what direction He wanted me to go. In that time of fasting, over and over again, as I studied the Word...I was led to scriptures that promised God is a "deliverer". God has promised us that he will deliver us from all our troubles, if we will walk in faith and stand on His Word. I learned we must possess a belief that grabs the promises of God and "refuses" to let go. We must also be relentless in releasing the faith of God into our circumstances. My job loss is just one more opportunity for God to show Himself as a miracle working God. An opportunity for Him to show Himself as the God who delivers.

We will all face tests and trials, but it is only those who refuse to let go of what God has promised that will see the end of their faith. It is the one who is "relentless" who gets results in the Kingdom of God. The one who walks in faith, and refuses to let go. The word "relentless" denotes a sense of refusal to give up or quit. If we walk in faith, we will relentlessly refuse to give up on the promises of God. We are focused on the final outcome we seek---regardless of what we go through or have to face. I have continually reminded myself not to be swayed by how things may look or feel, but to believe manifestation is headed my way.

If we are to walk in faith, we must learn to never entertain doubt or unbelief in our minds. If we doubt then faith can not work. It is critical that we stand on God's Word, rejecting any and all thoughts that go against what we believe. The devil will try to defeat you with negative thinking, thoughts that will lead you away from the promises of God. It is in these times, that we should quote the Word back to him and free our minds from negativity. If we are walking in faith, we will fight doubt and unbelief the moment they enter our minds. We will speak the Word of God with boldness, authority and consistency. We will destroy the obstacles in our way, move the circumstances that confront us and cast the "mountain" to the sea...by standing on the Word, with relentless faith.

Tomorrow, I have my first face to face interview since losing my job. I have sent out many resumes, and contacted many friends to help in my job search. I have been blessed to obtain this interview within 2 weeks of losing my job. I also know that it has been God that opened up the door for me to interview. I have continued to believe God's Word for "deliverance", and I love the verse that says "I have never seen the righteous forsaken". I know that no matter what comes, God is with me and that He will lead me to the job that He has prepared for me. I will continue to relentlessly keep "walking in faith". Until the next time.

Comments :

0 comments to “Relentless In Faith”