Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Stepping Stone

I have just returned from "Shooting Creek, NC", after spending a couple of days with my family there. My son and I went down on Thursday and returned earlier today. The drive down from here in Knoxville was relaxing for me, I love to just get out and take a drive. Grayson and I followed Highway 411 from Maryville, TN down to Hwy 64 in NC, to Murphy, NC and finally up through Hayesville, NC to my father's home in Shooting Creek. The drive gave me some time to think about things, and how I want to go forward with my job search.

I am continuing to stand on my faith, believing God will open the door to a new job for me. I have come to believe that this is a stepping stone for me, leaving one part of my life, to begin a new journey. Although I have the feelings of doubt and fear, anger and bitterness, that continue to want to rise up in me...I keep holding on to God's promises and refuse to give in. I have my down days, of course, like most of us do. There have been times I have felt totally overwhelmed, like the world was just crashing down all around me. But, then I remember I am not alone in this battle...He promised that He would never leave me nor forsake me. That "greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world".

I am looking forward to a new and a better day. I know that God is leading me, and that He has never failed me. No matter what the circumstance, the situation, nor the problem...we can always know that God will deliver us from them all. He never promised we wouldn't walk through them, he only promised that He would deliver us. My job loss...in the natural was devastating, but in the spiritual...I will be stronger having walked through it, and will have one more testimony of how great God is. Until the next time, "keep on trusting in Him".

Comments :

0 comments to “A Stepping Stone”